Sunday, December 4, 2011

My New Found Love: GREEN SMOOTHIES!


Have you had a green smoothie yet?  They are truly my new found love!  I have always been a fan of fruit smoothies, but now I have an even better excuse to drink them.  First I add a cup of water (you can also add juice) and then whatever greens I want.  I typically use spinach but it is great to add other greens like collard greens, kale, lettuce, etc.  Then I add some frozen fruit and a couple ice cubes.  I typically make these as a fast, nutritious breakfast.  I am not the best at eating the recommended amount of fruits and vegetable throughout the day, so I love being able to get these nutrients in at the start of my day.  I mean really, who can say they had a few handfuls of spinach and fruit for breakfast?  Also, you can add less juice and substitute water.  I tried just doing water at first but then I had to limit the amount of greens I added because they were so strong.  So I like to add even just 4 ounces of oj and 4 ounces of water and then I can add as many greens as I want and still have a sweet, delicious tasting smoothie.  You have to try one!  You will see just how great they are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment